Did you know that 90% of us don’t get enough vegetables every day?
90%! Pretty shocking, right?
According to the USDA, most of us need between 2 and 4 cups a day (less if you are smaller and/or less active, and more if you are bigger and/or more active).
But the truth is, most people don’t sit down to eat a big bowl of veggies every day. They usually end up as an afterthought in a side dish.
This is why sneaking veggies into your meals (including BREAKFAST) is such a great idea! It’s a pain- and bother-free way to get more of them into your diet.
I know this tip might fall into the category “I know this but I don’t do it very often.”
Consider this your reminder that it’s time to START! 🙂
I have some ideas to get you going.
6 Easy Ways to Add Veggies to Your Breakfast
Stir spinach or any other green into your eggs – or blend them into a smoothie
- Shred zucchini or carrots into overnight oats or chia pudding – or stir them into your oats while they cook (surprisingly yum!)
- Make a big batch of veggie hash (basically saute a bunch of veggies together) ahead of time, and when it’s time to eat, heat it up and add a poached egg or browned tofu on top.
- Add cauliflower or beets to a smoothie.
- Top your avocado toast with some salsa (yes, salsa counts!).
- Make a grain bowl with leftover quinoa or rice and stir in some spinach and goat cheese while you heat it up. This will keep you feeling full for hours!
Your assignment: Sneak some veggies into your breakfast a couple of days this week.
Post picture of your veggie breakfast in the Her Wellness Her Way Facebook Group. If you are not a member, join us now.
You don’t have to overhaul your entire lifestyle to feel healthier and more energized fast.
It really IS about making small changes over time that you can actually live with!
We’re all about creating REAL sustainable transformation and change. If you are ready to make some changes to your diet, you can start with our 12 Day Detox program. It’s a simple and easy wat to get started.
You can get Green Drinks delivered to your door, offered by Chef V. There are multiple options for plan lengths. You can select what works best for you. (The reference is an affiliate link, where I would benefit from the sale.)
P.S. Show yourself some love is by taking excellent care of your wellness… Take a look at our upcoming Self Care Saturday Series. The first session is March 27, 2021 with a focus on Spiritual and Social Connection. Tell a friend and sign up together. Click here to register.